Position: Registered Manager
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours: 40 Per week inclusive of lunch to be worked flexibly as required, exclusive of lunch breaks
Location: HCL Head Office 8 Childwall Valley Road, Liverpool L16 4PE
Reports to: Operations Director
Responsible for: Compliance Manager, Team Leader, Recruitment Manager and Training Manager.
Main purpose of the role:
To undertake the role of Registered Manager to ensure HCL delivers high standards of quality care to its customers throughout its range of services, ensuring compliance with all current regulatory frameworks is maintained at all times. Primarily the post hold must ensure the needs, wishes and preferences of HCL customers are paramount in terms of service delivery and that these are placed at the heart of the service and everything we do.
Values & Attributes:
HCL promotes value-based recruitment to ensure that our staff team at all levels reflect the values of the organisation.
Values & attributes we expect our care staff to demonstrate through their actions and practice includes:
• Kindness – In the way we deliver care to customers and towards each other as colleagues
• Respect – for others both our customers and our colleagues
• Compassion – In our approach to our customers & the care we deliver
• Reliable and efficient – to deliver high quality services and best value when we are expected to by our customers
• Enthusiastic and a positive attitude – to motivate ourselves, those we work with and customers.
• Integrity, honesty and trustworthy – Demonstrated in our behaviours and actions
• Reflective – Self- awareness and willingness to learn, improve and adapt to need/change
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Have overall responsibility for all care staff, including front line staff, delegating day to day line management and supervision in line with HCL staffing structure
• Ensure that resources allocated annually to provide services are delivered within budget agreeing any areas of potential overspend in advance with the Operations Director.
• Report any areas of concern in relation to the annual budget to the Operations Director.
• Ensure good communication is considered paramount as part of service deliver and is maintained at all times with HCL customers, their carer’s and families.
• Maintain strong working relationships with external bodies including commissioners, local authority contract managers, social workers, CQC officers, CCG officers, NHS staff and GP’s.
• Ensure HCL services are delivered in compliance with the Care Standards Act 2014, Fundamental Standards and Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOES) at all times.
• Strive at all times to raise standards of care delivered by HCL by ensuring staff are well led, well managed and services are delivered safely and effectively in a responsive and caring manner to customers, their carer’s and families.
• Monitor standards of care on an ongoing basis to ensure that services are efficient and reliable and to identify any areas for improvement in provision.
• Work in partnership with the Operations Director to deliver on projected growth targets, exploring potential new pipelines for contracts in other localities.
• Establish new and maintain existing relationships with external bodies which are aligned to the HCL strategic plan.
• Promote training and development across all levels of the care workforce, working in partnership with the Training Manager.
• Work with the care team to ensure that the assessment process places the customer at the centre of the care to be delivered and meets their needs, wishes and preferences as an individual.
• Work with the care team to deliver outcomes focused care and support is provided in accordance with the customer’s needs, wishes and preferences.
• Ensure that risk assessments are undertaken to mitigate risks to the customer their carer’s and family and to HCL.
• Monitor the quality of electronic care plan recording (PASS) addressing any areas of concern with the care management team and escalating issues as appropriate to the Operations Director.
• Work with the care team to ensure that all records pertaining to the customer including telephone conversations are clear, accurate and detail any additional actions required.
• Ensure that recording systems provide a clear audit trail of a customer’s care to promote good practice in record keeping and to facilitate CQC inspections.
• Review outcome focussed care plans as required by prevailing legislation, contractual requirements and changes in customer needs, wishes and preferences.
• Revise and where necessary develop new recording systems across all aspects of service delivery to promote higher standards of data collection.
• Operate methods of data collection pertaining to staffing which are meaningful and support the HCL Strategic Workforce Development Strategy.
• Participate and support other quality assurance systems including “Our Voices” surveys, Staff surveys, unannounced visits, contract monitoring, etc.
• Ensure that customer surveys are carried out, delegating as appropriate to other members of the care team.
• Collate and analyse information as requested or required by commissioners and/or the HCL Directors producing reports if required.
• Attend meeting with contractual bodies as required, ensuring that information pertaining to such meetings is shared with the Operations Director to maintain open and effective communication..
• Contribute to adult protection policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding adults is paramount and central to the care provided by HCL.
• Proactively monitor all complaints to the service to ensure that each is handled, efficiently & efficiently, is compliant with HCL’s complaints procedure, and ensures any actions agreed to resolve the complaint are implemented to a satisfactory standard in order to reduce risk and repeat, reporting any concerns to both the Operations Director/Compliance Manager.
• Ensure that all staff uphold the confidentiality policy at all times, and that breeches of the policy are managed in accordance with the Disciplinary policy and procedures.
• Effectively manage complaints including safeguarding issues effectively and in accordance with HCL policy and procedures to ensure that resolution to the issue raised is resolved and without delay to mitigate all risks including the reputational damage of HCL.
• Keep abreast of changes in regulation which impacts on adult social care ensuring internal policies are updated to reflect any changes and that changes are communicated to all staff both verbally as part of supervision and in a written format.
• Following serious case reviews, ensure that all care related policies and procedures are reviewed and changes made where appropriate to mitigate risk to customers and HCL. Reporting any non-compliance concerns/issues directly to the Operations Director/Compliance Manager. A review of Policies and procedures should be undertaken on an annual or whichever occurs first.
• Work with the care management team to ensure that all levels of staff understand and can apply HCL policies and procedures as part of the care delivered.
• Prepare a range of reports for the senior management team when required or requested including targets (KPI’s) pertaining quality, workforce, KPI’s etc.
• Keep abreast of developments in digital technology pertinent to adult social care and advising the Operations Director of technology with costs of anything considered to be beneficial the service.
• Keep abreast of attrition, absenteeism reporting rates etc within HCL to understand areas of weakness and how these impact on areas NB: This list is not exhaustive. The post holder will from time to time be expected to undertake other duties which will be allocated with due regard to the individuals’ skills, experience and ability and in agreement with the Operations Director.of compliance.
· £40,000 per annum salary.
· Full-Time permanent position.
· Comprehensive training available.
· Excellent opportunities to develop your skills within the care sector
· Flexible approach.
Job Benefits as a Care Coordinator in Liverpool:
· Competitive pay rates
· 28 days holiday
· Flexible hours
· £200 Refer a friend bonus scheme (Ts&Cs Apply)
· Opportunities for development
· Mileage paid for